Expedition: The Live Adventure Card Game
Recently I had the privilege of playing an advanced copy of Expedition and couldn’t be more impressed. The game’s creator, Todd Medema was kind enough to send a copy to B3 and I’m hooked. The game follows familiar fantasy game tropes that fans of Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder will find familiar.
- 1-8 players (Yes, you can play this game solo)
- Combat is fast and easy
- Combat is made even easier with the use of a free app
- The app works well on smart phones and tablets
- While the rules are simplified, the game can still be played tactically
- The deck is available for free through the Creative Commons license
- The game is customizable and allows you create unique cards
- The website has an amazing Demo to give you an idea of game play (the demo is replayable)
- The Expedition website is impressive and has been expertly crafted
- The game’s Kickstarter campaign starts today
All in all, Expedition is a solid game. You can play it solo or with a group, as a distraction as you wait for your other players to arrive, or as an RPG system of its own. I will be excited to see what stretch goals are reached, I’d love to see a web-based game (multi-player or solo) created. I hope you’ll check out the demo and view their Kickstarter page (the campaign runs until November 9th). Expedition is, in a word…impressive.